Fall Fair

Alexa Bates, Campus Currents

BRHS hosted the annual Fall Fair on October 26. Students had an afternoon out of class to relax and celebrate the season. 42 clubs participated in the fair in order to raise money for the year’s activities. Many clubs sold food or drinks, while others sold items more relevant to their club.

The BRHS Key club sold its world famous oreo balls and raised $1,187.75 for the club.

“The process of making oreo balls and selling them is so much fun because we get together as a club and make them with love,” said Key Club president Ray Washington.

The National Honor Society sold smoothies from Smoothie King. The money raised was donated directly to the food bank to help the local community.

The Youth and Government club sold Raising Cane’s chicken tenders and texas toast to raise money for their club to help students with financial needs to be able to attend conferences.

The Art Club sold wearable buttons made by art students along with some vintage t-shirts.

The Thespian club created a haunted house for students to walk through if they dared.

The Team Spirit club set up a competition, Click it or Ticket, to see what team of four could get in a car and have all of the people inside buckle up first. The activity supported the club’s main focus on teen safety.

The Yearbook club set up a photo booth for Polaroid pictures.

As a newcomer to Fall Fair, freshman Amelia LaCour was amazed by the festivities.

“I enjoyed getting out of class early and playing musical chairs,” said LaCour.