Mid City festival presents art and performances

Alex Slataper, Campus Currents

The Ogden Park Prowl, a neighbordhood arts festival in Mid City, took place on Saturday, December 2. It covered a whole eight blocks with a variety of arts and performances.

The Prowl stretched across the neighbordhood from Ogden Dr. to Acadian Fwy. and Government St. to North Blvd.

Several students from BRHS took part in the prowl. There were 94 artists and makers, including the BRMS art club.

Senior Kaitlyn McCaskill said, “The prowl had so many art booths! The BRMH art club had their own booth, where they put paint inside of clear ornaments and it was really cute. I got an ornament for myself, but sadly I messed it up when I got home. The prowl really put me in the Christmas spirit! A combination of the cool weather, the christmas lights, and the holiday themed art just got me ready for the holidays.”

A total of 26 bands played throughout the day, filling the entire eight blocks with various genres of music. Some BRMH students performed at the event in bands such as Fibbra and Toast.

BRMH sophomore Rudi Neubrander, member of the band Fibbra, said, “The Ogden Park Prowl was an amazing experience. The location was also incredible, since it was in the middle of a neighborhood. All the music there was great too.”
There were 13 featured food booths at the Prowl. Featured food booths included City Gelato, Gov’t Taco, Barbosa’s Barbeque, and many more. In addition to the musical entertainment, there was also a trapeze artist performing in the center of the prowl. The combination of art, music, and food attracted quite the crowd, leaving the prowl busy with people and entertainment.

BRMH senior Manny Bailey said, “I live on one of the streets that the Prowl takes place on, so I’ve gone every year. They block off the streets so I kinda can’t leave my house to go anywhere else, but I would still go even if I didn’t have to.